Making the most of your time and effort
This webpage provides help in using your research time and effort to best effect with the least effort (and agony!)
Since you will be working with a specific film and the genre it represents, those are places to begin your research. BUT, strategize before pounding on the keyboard. Analyze your paper's prompt for what you need to address all the pieces and note key terms that you will be able to use.
Example using the film series "Why We Fight".
- Time period this was produced (early WWII, 1942)
- Producer, director, actors (Frank Capra is most notable, but Disney was involved as well as editors, etc.)
- Studio and/or producer (US government)
- Purpose (Propaganda and morale)
- Genre ('documentary')
- National and international culture and events that shaped this film (WWII)
The terms you come up with will be the keys to finding sources to inform you and support your analysis of the film beyond your in class discussions and course readings. Inlcuding this material will help you write and answer the prompts.