Searching for Articles
Access the online database below to find scholarly articles.
- A good general database to search for academic journals, newspaper, or magazine articles. You can narrow your results by clicking on the publication type on the left.
- An academically-oriented database powered by Google. It includes scholarly articles as well as reputable websites and books. Click on Get-It! @ CSUSM to retrieve or request the full text of the articles.
- Contains current research focused on social work, human services, and related areas, including social welfare, social policy, and community development.
- Provides access to the latest international findings in theoretical and applied sociology, social science, and political science.
- A comprehensive international database of psychology, covering the academic, research, and practice literature in psychology from over 45 countries in more than 30 languages.
- A national database of education literature, including reports and journal articles.
- The premier database of world biomedical literature on clinical medicine and preclinical research.
- Focuses on research in the fields of nursing and allied health.
Getting the Whole Article
Scholarly articles are usually pretty long. For this reason, academic databases do not automatically give you the full article when you click on an article title in your search results. What you get instead is an article record that contains information about the article, such as the authors, abstract, subject terms, etc.
To get the full text of the article, first look for any of the following links:
- PDF Full Text
- HTML Full Text
- Linked Full Text
If one of those links is available for the article you want, click on it and you will be taken immediately to the full text.
If none of those links are available, click on the button. There is often full text available from a different database. If there is, it will be linked under Get Full Text From.
Last Update: September 18, 2015 16:34