Secondary Sources Assignment
Secondary published resources for your marketing assignment.
Your assignment familiarizes you with customer analysis sources. Many of sources are available free from goverment and some are only available through business and marketing databases or reports. A sampling is available to the academic market via the library website. Look to the tabs in this research guide to guide you with this assignment.
Secondary research is faster and cheaper than primary. Knowledge of when and how to apply both are needed for customer analysis.
- Government sources-- demographics
- Commercial databases on consumer preferences
GvB MediaMark Reporter -- Consumer purchase and media preferences who buys what in the US, demographics, purchase and media viewing preferences
- ReferenceUSA -- Business directory and broad lifestyle categories at detailed geographic level (city, zipcode, neighborhood)
- News articles--Back issues from hundreds of trade magazines in Proquest ABI Inform; Factiva; Lexis Nexis etc.
- Free web --free survey sites, association pages.
- Scholarly research on customer analysis -- look for articles your professors and other marketing scholars write Emerald and Science Direct, Ebsco Host
- Marketing Periodicals CSUSM Library
- Market research reports (custom reports for companies not available to the general public) $$$$ Not available for purchase.
Last Update: September 11, 2012 03:13