- Find It articles, books, & more
- Ask Us we're here to help
- Research Help leap ahead
- Your Tools to get stuff done
- Using the Library and more
Economics Research Guide
National Economic Indicators
ADP National Employment Report. Reports on non-farm payroll, closely watched by economist, business and investment community. ADP is the largest processor of business payroll services.
Stat-USA State of the Nation and Globus (Government Depository account only, due to budget cuts, license requires that a librarian to log you in, please ask at the Library Research help desk)
Domestic financial and economic figures.
- General Economic Indicators (CPI, PPI, GDP, NIPA).
- Housing and Construction
- Manufacturing and Industry (Retail sales, inventories, production, current industry reports)
- Monetary Statistics (interest rates, foreign exchange, bank credit, money stock)
- Monetary Policy (Beige Book, Treasury statements, Humphrey-Hawkins Testimony by FRB Chairman)
Federal Reserve. Flow of Funds Accounts of the United States
Quarterly releases, How money moves through economy. Caution, VERY large files.
World Economic Prospects. London: Euromonitor Retrieved October 30, 2008, from ABI/INFORM Global database.
Contains detailed economic activity statistics and forecasts and analysis for global, and country by country. Occasional thematic topics such as emerging markets, Eurozone etc. I
Once connected narrow your results as in this example:
US Census Economic Programs
Includes The Economic Briefing Room and Indicator Release Schedule and economic data by geography, frequency and frequency
Consumer Confidence Index Conference Board
A monthly index of consumer spending.
Economics and Statistics Administration / Dept. of Commerce
Provides latest economic indicator releases with an email option to be notified of releases.
FRED: Federal Reserve Economic Database
Key economic indicators arranged in a way to quickly scan for U.S. interest rates, CPI (Consumer Price Index); PPI (Producer Price Index) GDP, and banking indicators
Financial Soundness Indicators
Developed by the IMF as indicators for financial soundness of countries.
Last Update: 02 Oct 13:39